November 12, 2010

Windows Vista/7 Transformation Packs - Changing the Way XP LOOKS

Those who have seen my netbook in action probably think that it operates on Windows Vista. That's a delusion. My netbook is still running on good ol' XP (but I'm looking for an upgrade of course). This is because I'm using some installable theme you can use so that XP looks like Vista.

Well, recently I found some programs that allows you to change your system so that it LOOKS like Vista/7, but is actually XP, from the desktop view right down to the startup screen. Sounds spiffy, doesn't it? It doesn't change the system entirely, but it only changes the way it looks.

But to install it, the current computer needs to be able to even run the program. Now since my netbook isn't really that young, I made sure I keep it optimized as much as I can before running these kinds of programs, such as fixing registries. (Now, that is one of the most important things you have to do.)

Anyway, I'm going to give my netbook a fresh new look with a Windows 7 theme (for some reason they even managed to work the theme in such a way that it imitates a lot of how the real Windows 7 works). And if you're looking to at least feel like owning a Windows 7/Vista without actually upgrading your operating system, you can go to the link below:

Windows 7 Transformation Pack

Have fun with that. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment