November 10, 2010

Because The Over 9000 Quote is SERIOUSLY OVERRATED.

This is a common rant from a decent Vegeta fan.

I guess everything Vegeta spews out is pure gold. Lines like "I'm a warrior! Not a variety of a flower!" and "Being a good fiend is like being a photographer - you have to search for the right moment!" are just some of the best lines he's ever spoken (maybe not the "being a fiend is like being a photographer" part, I guess, but you get my point!).

And who could forget the infamous IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAND! quote? I sure as heck couldn't. But it seems that I didn't realize how 'powerful' an effect this quote has on fans because I only knew about it last year.

Dang it Malaysia, this is why you should just forgo dubbing and show animes dubbed in flipping English instead! >.<

But even now I find this quote overrated. And when I say overrated, I mean REALLY overrated.

People. The over 9000 quote wasn't the only line Vegeta said in the whole flipping DBZ series. And Christopher Sabat didn't exactly do a good job in his rendition of that quote either (but he did it so well in the DBZKai dub). And it was supposed to be OVER 8000. This is already evident IN the manga itself!

And besides, apparently even Christopher Sabat is getting a bit tired of it as well. To those who have Facebook, you could probably see it from his own Facebook page (the official one, not his personal profile). THEY'RE ALL OVER THE PLACE.

Long story short, keep your Over 9000 quotes in moderation. Don't overuse it. Like all fads, it gets old after a while. This is the truth (sadly XD).

And besides, why settle for 9000 when you go for more than that?

 

P.S. The weekend's just around the corner! What's your plan for the upcoming weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment